Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I Little River || Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Regrettfully, I have no pictures. Bailey and I put in kayaks at Coulter's Bridge on Little River today. This was her first time in the kayak on the river, and it went swimmingly. Again, a little nervous about separation, so we tied together again, but we floated down about a half mile just kind of putzing around and practicing paddling, and then paddling back up, floating down, paddling up, etc. We stopped at one of the little reed patches to get out and explore, find shells, throw rocks, and splash around. All in all, she did great and was asking for rapids by the time we were done. As there weren't really any rapids here, we paddled upriver of the bridge where there are some MAYBE class .5 rapids for us to come down. My favorite part: this is in Maryville, 10 minutes from my house, it took 1.5 hours on the river, its FREE, and we were making memories. I mean--HOW DOES THIS COMPARE TO WATCHING TV? Going to wal-mart? Mowing the lawn? Please--I beg you--get out this summer. If not on the water, find a trail, explore some woods, go fishing, walk the greenway. Let me know if you need help with ideas. After I get back from Disney World, Jodie and I will be posting some family-friendly outdoor activities in the next few months. (Stepping down from my soap box)

Anyway, have a good night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment