Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Hola from Quito!

Hola-- I'm writing from the second highest capital city in the world. We made it in last night, and as I was getting off the plane I was expecting a moment of complete immersion in South American culture. Instead, the first thing off the plane was a huge add for TGI Fridays in English. And What restaurant is across the road from our hotel? KFC!
Anyway, things are still going great. We're getting ready to leave for the Galapagos in a few minutes. The GPS tracking is working kind of spottily, so I'm not sure how consistently it will be up, but it should give you a rough idea of where I am whenever I'm outside.
Well, I hope things are going well at school! Adios--
Andy

1 comment:

  1. Hi Andy! I am keeping up with you later than I hoped. I have no idea where Quito is anyway,so it would take me awhile to catch up. Keep your toesies safe from tortoise beaks!

    ReplyDelete